Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi remember me, the guy taking large amounts of laxatives, still bound up, with the urinary problem. I was scheduled to have an elliostomy, and was using cathaters all the time to urinate.Well, I started taking vitaman A and Vitaman d3 every day, and now I"m down to only a third of a cup of milk of magnesia. I am having bowel movements everyday, seem to be getting cleaned out, and even the small amount of laxative is giving me watery stools to some degeree. My unrination seems to have gotten a lot better and I stopped using chathaters.My breathing problem, that I thought might be from to much laxative has gotten worse. To the point I have to use oxygen while I lay down. My sinuses block up, when i lay down, or it is a little to warm in a room like above 72 degrees.I couldn't breathe the other day, and went to the emergency room, I was there laying in a bed for an hour, and my breathing returned to me totally. When I came home, I started to get stuffed up again. The ER, said they thought I had allergies to something in the home but couldn't say what. They gave me vistoral, which I took but didn't seem to help much. I've tried different antihystimens, and nose sprays prescription and over the counter.I've never felt more depressed, the oxygen tubing makes my skin break out. And it's sooooo difficult to sleep with air blowing up your nose. And tubing wraps around whenever you move.I can't understand, why I can't get my nostrols clear, it's driving insane. My life seems like it's over. I'm tied to this oxygen producing unit that gives me unending mental and physical pain.I have to spend the day everyday all day long with my insane dad that hates me. I hate my future so much....I just want to die so much.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Glad to hear your gut symptoms are waning. Have you thought about seeing an allergist for your breathing issues?

·
Registered
146 Posts
My life has been horrible ended up on the mental ward for depression and feeling suicidal. And they didn't do anything for me there but make me worse. Gave me another anti depressent that didn't do anything but make me more tired and constipated.I sweat all the time now, when i lay down, especially if its over 72 degrees. When the air conditioning comes on I sweat and feel like I'm absoloutely freezing, and my body dries out so bad all over. I have noticed the air conditioning is much harder on me then the furnace was during the winter.I feel so horrible all the time, I try to lay down constantly, but am forced to get up after a while by strange energy pains in my back. I don't go anywhere or do anything for the most part.My urination, seems to have varied back and forth also, sometimes it is much easier to go then other times.I stopped using M.O.M. and am on a lower bowel cleanser, as part of a liver detoxification program from a chiropractor/nutritionalistMy breathing seemed to settle back somewhat, and have been at least able to breathe for a while without oxygen etc.I did see an allergist, did blood tests, said I was allergic to dog, cats, dust, mold and apples.I stopped eating applesAlso I was diagnosed with sleep apnia, as my oxygen stats went way down when I was sleeping to 81 percent. That's why I was prescribed the oxygen. Tried a Cpap machine also couldn't tolerate that as it choked me and dried me out to much. I haven't been able to use the regular oxygen either as I'm allergic to the tubing, and it dries me out to much.I can never get more then a hours sleep at a time as I am awakend by choking, or sweating/freezing or a need to urinate which is quite frequent all day and night long.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It sounds like you are having an absolutely awful time. I wish that I could be more helpful but I think I know of something that could help you out somewhat.Have you ever looked at the Buteyko breathing technique for your breathing problems? It's used as a treatment for asthma but is very helpful for rhinitis and other apparently allergy related breathing problems. Apparently the way a lot of us breathe (overbreathing and often close to hyperventilation) causes our airways to become inflamed and close up. I've done a course in it and it really reduced my asthma and rhinitis symptoms by heaps. My mum also did it and her asthma completely stopped.According to Buteyko practitioners, the use of oxygen and other machines would actually exacerbate the underlying problem. They would also have you believe that your other health issues are caused by overbreathing. According to the theory, chronic overbreathing can cause alkalosis of your bloodstream which disrupts smooth muscle function and causes constipation amongst other things. The science behind it sounds quite reasonable and the only downside is that it is quite time consuming.It's pretty unhelpful to be told that you're allergic to dust (or is it dust mites?) as it's everywhere. You would have to go on a de-sensitizing programme to get over that one.Let s know how you are getting on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts