Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still no cure. been almost 10 years since i first starting having leaky gas. now in my early 20's.leaking urine as well. came across some guy who said pro-bantine tablets helped himhttp://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100002152.htmli've speculated that some type of muscle relaxant might help leaky gas symptoms if the problem has to do with some muscles spasming or something like thatafter all these years my best guess right now isproblem with the pelvic flooror some other muscles that is allowing foul odors to eminate from the anus areathe smell is still definitely from the anus area but that is all i know for sure

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm no expert, but if you're having both bladder and bowel problems, there may be a couple possibilities that I was reading on.One is that there's some problem with your pelvic floor muscles, perhaps something that an ultrasound or MRI might catch? Or a neurological problem?I read a dialogue between a woman suffering severe pain, and bowel and bladder disorders, and a doc. The doc was saying that the urologist and the gastroenterologist would rule out problems within their field of expertise, but that they probably wouldn't consider trying to rule out neurological problems. I've also read of a guy in America who had no diagnosable problem, but that while everyone's sphincter muscle relaxes at times, that this guy's might've been over-relaxing. The test he took was unusual, as they did a prolonged anorectal manometry test, usually those tests are just a quick insertion, and they quickly check your anal resting pressure (which fluctuates over time), and then they ask you to flex those muscles. The usual test might not catch an over-relaxing sphincter, and I'd guess the data they have to compare your results with are not readily available (scarce research on this I'd guess).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.