Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,i have been basically in bed or laid out on sofa for past 3 weeks in agony spasms were so babd bloating really bad crying almost every night no one to talk to really feel so alone,i havent had a bm for over a week now so i decided to see if i could try and get some relief by not taking my laxative then at least the spasms would calm down but then the spasms calmed down a bit the following evening but then i had to see the doctor as i had stopped the laxative so how was i going to have a bm if at all,so she examined my tum said i was really blocked up and just gave me movical which i have had before like all the other laxative and she told me to take 4 instead of 3 and to take them as soon as i got home,so i did and the spasms again
,i dont even feel like i need to go because its all in the top of my abdomin,so much pain,wish they would do something,i even told the doc that i am getting so depressed i need something done everyday im suffering and 5 years is enough i want the bowel taken out now its really what i want but i have to see if my consultant who im seeing on the 20th will do that for me,as he said before'i bet you would like your bowel taken out wouldnt you,and i said definatly and he said well thats not a good idea as you would be in more pain'does anyone know what he means by this?am so clinging on to hope that things will get better but im so fed up with the pain and struggling.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sometimes the scarring from the colon removal can cause more pain (and pain that will be hard to treat and probably permanent) than any colon ever thought of causing.Some people are better after, some are not, and they don't know if they will make you worse until after it is way too late.Can you do an enema to help you get unblocked, at least for the short term?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.