Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any link to drinking and IBS to indicate epidsodes, or increased sypmtoms.?, also is there any indications for hot & spicy food to bring on epidsodes

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Joe,I think it depends very much on one's personal peculiarities, I cannot drink beer at all (fortunately I'm not too fond of it either), hot and spicy food doen't bother me much, but I know it bothers quite a lot of others with or without IBS (remember the ad for Vindaloo noodles)Fay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drink beer in moderation, as well as red wine, i like spicy foods but both seem to bring on epidsodes.!! The spicy foods seem to make a change in bowle movements as my "anus" stings when paasing bowel movements, has anyone else had these syptoms.?

·
Registered
38 Posts
As an Australian I think I am well qualified to answer the beer question.I find heavy beer effects my Ibs but the lite alcohol content beer in moderation does not effect it

G

·
I had Miller Lite, this past summer and had no IBS problems. Only drank one bottle maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Sure tasted good and I was pleasantly surprised that I did not end up running to the bathroom.Char

·
Registered
927 Posts
maybe not with the condition "IBS" but the yeast and high sugar content in beer definitely can be an irritant to the digestive tract from observations of what it does to all my friends.I am so much better on spirits like jim beam even if i down 3/4 of a 40 oz
Scott

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have to agree with others in that I think it has to do with the individual.When I am in a "flare-up" most anything could set me off. When I'm ont in a "flare-up" almost everything is fair game.I personally love beer and whisky. Both of which are fine for me most days. I live on the US / MExican border so we have LOTS of spicey foods. I LUVE them. They don't really seem to do much to me.Happy DayKARL

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hey Scotty! Long time no see!
I don't like beer either, but most alcohol will affect me. I like red wine and coolers, but I pay the price. Stuff like even the SMELL of sambuca will trigger me too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts