Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I'm new here,I've had intestinal problems since I was child but I always thought it was normal,Lately it has gotten worse because I have generalized anxiety disorder,and I've started getting these panic attacks,which would make my tummy even worse.I'm taking revitril(spelling?)for the anxiety and it helps.Some people with Ibs get constipated and some get diarrhea..I get diarrhea,and I find that beer always helps.It's like magic!I know it's not the best thing to do,but it's almost better than the anti-spasmotics that I've run out of recently.Do any of you have any other remedy's?The pain is almost enough to make me faint sometimes...I'm afraid to eat.Don't want to use beer as medication.HELP please!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stargirl, Hello, I'm prone to IBS-d and I love to drink beer
It does help so have a drink everyonce in awhile--it just depends on what some people can tolerate in their system. Does it help with your pain and anxiety or your d????? When I drink, I can truly expect the "BIG D" the next day
...........Holly

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well,if I drink alot of wine I'll get D the next day...but usually a little beer is fine.It's like it dries up everything,I don't get it.The next day can be bad,but at the moment it calms me down anxiety wise and D wise,the pain just stops.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Stargirl,Welcome to this BB, glad you found us.Maybe the beer relaxes you and it's that what makes you feel better. I don't think many people with IBS-D will be helped by beer or other alcohol containing drinks, as alcohol is an irritant to the digestive system usually. I've had IBS-D for over 28 years now and I do know I should go very easy on the drinks.Have you read about the calcium (you can find information about it in the OTC Forum and the Diarrhea Forum). There are a lot of people finding relief with the help of Hypnotherapy as well. Take some time to read through the posts on other Forums, there is a lot of information all over this BB. Hope you will find something on this BB to help you further with your symptoms,Fay

·
Registered
38 Posts
errrrrrrrr......i wouldn't broadcast too too much on the beer as a remedy idea. I know that alcohol and caffine are extremely irritating to the digestive system. I am IBS-D.... so maybe my body is more prone to it. 1 glass of any type of alcohol and i'm on the toilet in pain for the next week!i'm in the process of weeding out my stomach irritants. As far as alcohol and caffine go, the only other known trigger is fast foods. What are all of your trigger foods? maybe there is a common thread!?!?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Beer can be a temporary help. But the carbonation has to be over come first. Carbonated caffine drinks are on my list. Taco Bell almost anything. A granteed 15 minutes or less delayed D-session comes with a sausage biscut from McD's. Dairy - most all are on the list. Sometimes I can eat the triggers and be ok, other times look out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.