Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I prepare for a colonoscopy the night before at 5pm and 10pm with the Visicol tablets am I going to need to use the bathroom on the way to the test at 9:30AM the next morning?Also, can one travel by subway/train after the test? Are people groggey after the test and for how long?Thanks[This message has been edited by 123456 (edited 07-06-2001).]

G

·
You may have to use the restroom in the morning, but you will definitely be up during the night! You will be groggy afterward, because they give you a muscle relaxant and a "twilight sleep" type of sedation. If you take the subway home, you may not remember having done it! You will be comfortable during the procedure: don't be worried about that!

G

·
You may have to use the restroom in the morning, but you will definitely be up during the night! You will be groggy afterward, because they give you a muscle relaxant and a "twilight sleep" type of sedation. If you take the subway home, you may not remember having done it! You will be comfortable during the procedure: don't be worried about that!

G

·
Hi,I took a different prep, but I spent quite a few hours in the washroom in the evening, and then had to go only once when I woke up. I slept through the whole night, but everyone is different I think. Plus, my prep was at 5pm and 7pm. By about 10pm I was pretty empty.I had a ride home, but felt that I would have been absolutely fine taking the subway. I felt just a little *tipsy* as if I had a glass or two of wine. The nurse will probably make sure that you are in good enough shape to travel home on the subway before you're released.It'll be a breeze!
Fiona[This message has been edited by Fiona_F (edited 07-06-2001).]

G

·
Hi,I took a different prep, but I spent quite a few hours in the washroom in the evening, and then had to go only once when I woke up. I slept through the whole night, but everyone is different I think. Plus, my prep was at 5pm and 7pm. By about 10pm I was pretty empty.I had a ride home, but felt that I would have been absolutely fine taking the subway. I felt just a little *tipsy* as if I had a glass or two of wine. The nurse will probably make sure that you are in good enough shape to travel home on the subway before you're released.It'll be a breeze!
Fiona[This message has been edited by Fiona_F (edited 07-06-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts