Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed EVERY time I go out and get drunk weather that be vodka, rum or beer etc I always have at least 3 really good BM's .I dont know if it is because I am relaxed and happy, or if it is because the alcohol has a laxative effect. The bummer is I cant go out and get drunk every night
Also the next day as soon as I eat something my tummy goes back to feeling like its bloated and constipated
Does anyone else experience this?? :love: Poo Pea

·
Registered
830 Posts
alchohol in VERY MODERATE doses (one to two drinks for most people) can certainly help with IBS and C (and D, too, for that matter, like carrots and apples) however the key word is MODERATE and if you are getting drunk then you are OVERDOSING on booze since an alchohol overdose is clinically described as "drunkeness" - something, of course, millions of people do on a regular basis. and of course, those millions getting "drunk" on a regular basis probably have a prob with alchohol. on the other hand, one drink or two can relax you enough to have a BM but alchohol in doses large enough to get you drunk dehydrates every part of the body (hence hangovers) and that is terrible for the bowels, clearly. be careful, g-

·
Registered
20 Posts
Drinking beer used to help me out with bm.But then I started having to much beer.The beer doesnt help me anymore. Now its like I developed an allergy or something to it. I swell up like a balloon. So if I were you I would watch my alcoholic consumption.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeh, im the same. if i have a big night out on the booze, the next day my bm is so good...but then 2-3 days later, it gets really bad!but u cant exactly go out getting drunk everyday!i guess the occasional and moderate consumption of alcohol could be good...after all, a glass of wine a day helps fight against heart diseases (kill two birds with the one stone?)but do u think ur body would get accustomed to it and eventually itll stop working for bm?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.