Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed with IBS last July. Unfortunately I was kind of told good luck and that was it. I just had a quick question. Every so often I get a mild pain in my belly button. It isn't in the area surrounding it like I found in other topics. It feels like someone is literally poking me right in the belly button. It isn't a severe pain; more just annoying that comes in quick little spurts and gets better with changing position and sometimes passing gas. Sometimes with the pain it also feels like I suddenly might have to go to the bathroom. Any answers or help would be great. As I said I was kind of just given the diagnosis and told good luck. Thanks.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Sounds typical of IBS. Pain can be kinda anywhere in the abdomen with IBS. Glad it isn't all that severe for you.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I used to have something similar, although it was very intermittent and much more severe. It felt like a sharp knife puncture, right on the button. When I found a treatment for the D, which (I presume) stopped a chronic low-level inflammation, that also eliminated that pain.Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts