Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot to add that I called Novartis, the makers of Benefiber and a woman said that the formula hadn't been changed. But it wasn't the chemisty department who answered my question, so who knows. I'm so disappointed. I still use it even though it doesn't live up to the advertisement on the front of the bottle that says it dissolves completely.Judy

·
Registered
693 Posts
Judy , When you first started taking Benefiber did you have a lot of gas or D?I started taking it a few weeks ago and wasn't noticing any improvemnet with C . Now all of a suuden I am having major G and D. Don't know if it is the Benefiber or just regular IBS stuff.Do you know what exactly guar gum is ? When they said they hadn't changed the formula did they tell you why it doesn't dissolve as well as before ? I noticed when I put some in my tea there was gooey gray stuff at the bottom of the cup.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got a free pack in the mail and it was semi-gloppy. Then got another last week and it was almost like plain water. I would use it if it didn't make me gassy like Metamucil, but they don't mention it. Even checked their website.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't get too much gas when I use benefiber.I do get the globby stuff. I haven't talked to the nutritionist at Novartis about it yet. But the worst part is that now it isn't even working. I am still constipated. Without talking to the nutritionist or my GI I think I need to drink more water before and after drinking it. So sick of C and G.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I have also had big time D after using benefiber but it could be the usual storm after being C for many many days. The D is sooo painful I feel like I'm having a baby. But I'm used to it and know I'll feel ok in a few hours or few days.At this point my colon always spasms a bit all day long. I stay busy so I don't feel it.I have worst problems--sleep that leaves me tired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts