Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I went to the doctor this morning and he has said to keep taking the lexapro (called cipralex here in the UK) and has given me a different anti spasmodic to help with the pain. my bowel movement frequency has dropped but still have tummy pain all day every day. he gave me bentyl. 20mg to be taken 3 times a day. my doctor said this was his favourite one and said I should be able to see a change within days. anyone else tried/on this and how did it help you?Any help will be really appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi there! i had been on bentyl for several years, 20mg four times a day with the ability to take one extra dose if needed. it helped to a certain extent but the pain and diarrhea always came back. keep trying it for a while, i did not get the best results for several weeks. of course, you may become light sensitive, experience dry mouth, etc.-all which comes with anticholinergics (which bentyl is). fyi-i was changed to lotronex 1mg twice a day. i got more relief from this, but not total relief. the diarrhea is better under control but nothing seems to help the pain. i do not know if lotronex is available to you in the uk, it is highly regulated here in the states. good luck and keep us all posted with your progress!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts