Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor has me on Bentyl now for cramps..... and it seems help a tiny bit, but I am only on 10mg doses twice a day. What is a typical dose? And can it not work at the lower dose but work correctly at a higher dose? I am skeptical of it working actually.

G

·
I have been taking 20mg of Bentyl for 4 weeks now. I only take it when I feel the cramps coming on, tha's about once a day in the mornings. It has helped me a lot. I have only had D a couple of times in the past 4 weeks and it didn't last to long. I watch what I eat,I take my time eating my meals now. Take fiber. I walk at the local mall 45 minutes a day that's about 3 miles. Feel so much better than I did 4 weeks ago.Good luck Jack

·
Registered
23 Posts
I too used to take Bentyl. It worked for me but I also was one that had to stop it because it lost it's effectiveness. Now this was over 10 years ago or so. Does anyone know that if I started taking it again if it would work? I have been debating it since it did work for me in the past.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,I used to take Bentyl for the cramps too, my doctor recommended one 10mg tablet for my size (i'm 7 stone and just over 5 foot) although occasionally i would take two if the cramps were really bad.The only real effect I found was a negative one, the Bentyl made me feel really slow and i had to concentrate if i needed to do anything. I would feel quite woozy, and would put keys in the fridge and drinks in the door and suchlike.I found this would happen no matter what dose i took!!Eventually I gave up the Bentyl as if I had to rush out anywhere in the car there was no way I could drive!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.