Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,I am a new diagnosed IBS - D and have a question regarding Bentyl. Has anyone ever taken this med and the pain gotten worse? What will be the next med they would try?I really only have two symptoms of IBS.. The big D and pain. My pain is only in one spot, about 1 inch from my navel, and does not move. This pain is almost daily but hits hard then goes away to come back anywhere from 15 minutes to hours later. Food does not make worse or better and happens from the time I wake to the time I go to bed. (I think it is happening at night for I wake several times at night) While taking the Bentyl the pain was the same severity but happened more consistantly than without. Has anyone had this happen to them? Any thought?Thank you so very much!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
MandaThe best I can tell you is antispasmodics (like Bentyl) just take the edge off my pain. I used the IBS 100 Audioprogram (hypnotherpay)and that helped (and still helps me) manage my pain better than any pill ever has.See the CBT/Hypnotherapy Forum for more info. (Use the site navigator at the bottom right of the page to get there.)All the bestBQ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts