Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading about this bentylol on the website and thought I might give it a try. I have been to a few stores and pharmacies and can't find it. I thought it was available over the counter. Can anyone enlighten me on this? And if you take it, does it help? Thanks.------------------Exercise for Wellness, Meredith :)

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Meridith:If you're thinking of Bentyl, the anti-spasmodic, that is only available by prescription in the US. Maybe you're thinking of something else with a similar name. Were you looking for an anti-spasmodic?JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meredith, I see Jean G answered and said it was a prescription drug. She's very knowledgeable about these matters. I personally stay away from prescriptions for several reason but the main one is I don't have the luxury of having medical insurance. Hope you escaped any tornado damage. Was it close to you? It missed my husband's cousins by one block! I'd rather take a earthquake than a tornado!I'm sure several will write and tell you about the drug you're interested in . . . both pro and con.Best of luck.Kittygirlp.s. I'm up in the panhandle and we had a tornado in '95 and you've probably seen tv snippets of the trucks being pulled up. Scary stuff.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Meredith:I answered your question about the name Bentyl, but never mentioned that I take it. LOL. It's been a long day.I do take it but not on a regular basis, only when I have cramping, which is not that often lately, and it does help. I've heard other people say they've had no luck with it, so it's all very individual. I've been doing Mike's hypnotherapy tapes for IBS, which I think have also helped a great deal, and so only have problems about 2 times a month (knock on wood).JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all of you for responding about this. When I read all the stuff on the medications in this website, this bentylol didn't have an "asterisk" by it meaning it was prescription only. I could have sworn I had seen it before but I guess I was thinking of something else. I was thinking that maybe it could help this awful rumbling in my tummy. Back to the doctor on Monday. Can't wait. NOT! Meredith

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Texfiend:I also took bentylol for a little while. It did help for the cramping and calming my stomach but it didn't do a thing for my D, and basically for me that is worse that the cramps. Hope that helps!!Chrissy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.