Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i lost my grandmother, we were very close and she had been battling for a while now, i was there during the time she passed, and feel utterly distraught. I am really struggling with everything and my IBS symptoms seem to be really bad (id imagine because of the stress) im not hungry at all and would really love some advice on things i can do to help the symptoms or stop them being as bad during this time, whilst i try come to terms with this family matter.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Magic I am so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))What I did/do when I have some sort of personal trauma is go easy on the diet.... eating foods I know are easier for my gut to digest.. my "safe foods". ANd for me alos watching to make sure I get enough sleep helps me loads. Usually I have a hard time sleeping at first ..which is kinda normal.. but if it goes on too long.. then I go see my Doc about it. Once I have had to take a rx sleeping med. And I only needed it for a short time.. but it was kinda critical as I was not sleeping AT ALL... so.. that can raise loads of trouble with my gut.Generally speaking...after going through a trauma I ask for help... watch my diet... surround myself with people I trust and that are supportive...make sure I get enough rest....NOT sweat the small stuff of life. I use whatever relaxation techniques I can. And when grieving I try real hard not to judge myself or my feelings. It is a personally unique process ...that takes time,...not a race to be run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.