Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.A few weeks back I started doing bio feedback in another front against chronic abdominal pain (my earlier post has all the details).I'm assuming that a few people who have tried it.I'm a little confused. I thought biofeedback could be used to do things like control specific parts of your body with great detail? ie to raise the temperature in your hand. I'd also read that it could be used in pain management, even if the pain wasn't psychologically induced (ie stress). Specifically someone had used it to mask the pain caused by IBD.Anyway, all this guy has me doing is watching computer games that stimulate relaxing brain waves. He also told me biofeedback can't manage pain that isn't psychological. Does he sound like he doesn't have a clue?RegardsDouglas.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kamie,I wish I knew! The bacterial overgrowth would seem to suggest physical, but my symptoms apparently aren't a-typical, and I've seen two people now saw that the breath tests done at Cedars Sinai have a high rate of false positives.Additionally, tranquilisers and antidepressants didn't seem to help (although I only took them for 2 weeks or so).Arrghh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.