Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been on a new birth control pill since last April and this month my period is barely here. Normally I would jump for joy but I'm scared that I could be pregnant. Are home pregnancy tests reliable when you are on the pill?? I've heard that they can give a false positive but I'm not sure. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
482 Posts
get in touch with your GP/doctor u cant take reliable preg tests on the pill as they are changing the hormone levels... the pill free week maybe fine though
remeber if u have ibs D the pill is not 100% reablibe it can be down to something stupid like 20% if u have Diarrhoea or sickness u are meant to use condoms... if you this applies u may well be pregnant all this is on the leaflet in the box. im on contraceptive injection as i suffer ibs D so pill isnt reliable. goto the doctor all i know is the test isnt reliable while you are taking them only pill free weeks.. dont quote me though!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
A pregnancy test may still work if you are on the pill. Pregnancy tests test for the Human growth hormone which is not present in the birth control pill but that is Always present when you are pregnant. These levels can vary though so it never hurts to go to the doctor for a test. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.