Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have bladder issues with their IBS? I notice when my IBS acts up I have bladder issues like frequent urination, feeling like i dont empty my bladder completely, and feeling like i have to urinate even when I'm done urinating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I used to have these...what I guess were minor flare ups. I'd get lower left bowel discomfort and I'd find it would hurt to pee and made me question if I had a UTI or something (which I know is much rarer in males but still!)

It would seem after a couple of days the bowel pain would go and then id be back to normal with pain free urination!

I've got some problems now thats absolutely terrifying me (persistent pain in the same place for 2 months) and at first I had the bladder problems as normal but that seems to have faded somewhat now..so for me it does seem them come on at the same time!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yepp!

I suffered with severe IBS back around 2007 (I had D every single night without fail for months until I discovered aloe vera capsules. Cleared it up in 2 months and thought that would be it forever. Oh well) and had no bladder issues at the time. Unfortunately, in the last couple of years it's flared up again. Most of the time it's C, lots of flatulence and then a bout of D. When it first started I thought I had something seriously wrong with my bladder because I struggled like hell to hold it and yes, I did have a couple of accidents.

After some time and a number of tests, I worked out what the problem was. Every time I had C and tried to go when I wasn't strictly speaking feeling like I was needing to, I was performing the same kind of pressure movement on my bladder at the same time. Basically, I was irritating my bladder AND weakening my pelvic floor. I started to do kiegels and I stopped trying to force myself to go. I also began trying to practise holding it a bit when I needed a wee. These days it's a lot better. I still get that urgency to wee sometimes but it's nothing like it was.

Give the kiegels a try, if you have C, don't try to force what ain't coming out and practise waiting before you wee. See how you get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts