Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes!! when I'm constipated I have to pee a lot more. I think the compacted and hard stool puts pressure on the bladder. I've experienced this a lot. Something that helps me, and other men may not want to do this but I do what I have to, is sitting to pee instead of standing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes!! when I'm constipated I have to pee a lot more. I think the compacted and hard stool puts pressure on the bladder. I've experienced this a lot. Something that helps me, and other men may not want to do this but I do what I have to, is sitting to pee instead of standing.
that was somethign i suspected about being bloated and it putting pressure on the bladder but the doctor didnt seem to know what i was talking about and i had found little about it online.anyone else?

·
Community Manager
13,221 Posts
oh yes, me too. always have to pee a lot--small amounts but much more frequently--when i'm backed up. and yes--same as you both have said--i've always thought that was because all that backed-up stool, gas puts more pressure on the bladder. i've found that leaning all the way forward and resting my lower arms on my knees while sitting on the toilet helps me get more urine out--no straining--just bending forward like that. although i'm female--maybe my plumbing is different..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.