Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have experienced bladder problems. I had trouble w/ what the urologist called "prostatitis" a couple of months ago. I wonder if it is related to IBS. It hurt really bad. Got a cystoscopy (talk about humiliating) and ultrasound done and everything came back negative. I was put on antibiotics which made the IBS worse. Just can't seem to win.------------------jls

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yep, I've had ever increasing BPH symptoms since I was a child. The IBS has been slowly getting worse along with it. I have tried the Urologist route several times in my life. Each time there are a bunch of tests, some treatements, no improvement, and I give up. The most recent was last spring; cystoscopy, flow tests, lots of meds, long duration antibiotics, etc., no joy. The doctor kept saying give up coffee, tea, soda, caffeine, etc. I did. For months. Not a d**ned bit of improvement. I have to go more often if I drink coffee or soda, but, duh, I'm ingesting more liquids. The volume was about the same with or without coffee. The only thing was that I didn't get to have coffee. I still get up every 1-3 hours all night to make a potty trip. Pretty much rules out camping with my motorcycle buds. PITA. Thanks for letting me vent.bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.