Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I was exposed to new commercial carpeting. I had a very mild case of Fibromyalgia. Well I got very lightheaded and bladder problems immediatley. I went to a urologist and he did the standard tests. He said my bladder looked irritated. Put me on meds and they didn't help. About 4 months later I went to a chiopractor and she cracked my neck. Boom I got a stiff neck and back and full fibro symptoms, but my irritable bladder went away. I was in pain for about 10 months and I went through a house w/new carpeting. I wasn't in there for maybe 5 minutes and I got lightheaded, spacey, and my bladder started acting up again. Now in the course of a day, I'll go from peeing 100 times a day, to having a headache, (no bladder problems during this time) then if I strain my back and it hurts, no bladder problems again! I don't think I have IC because of the way it comes and goes. Can anyone shed any light please? Thanks and God Bless.p.s. I'm very chemical sensitive.

G

·
We try to have as little chemicals as possible around! NEVER spray, and boy trying to keep the bug count down is really difficult here in the desert! We tore out all carpeting, replaced it with tile everywhere..to clean the tile, I have a steamer so NO chemicals to clean the floors either! No drapes, replaced with verticals, (now they come in nice patterns) so no more dust...have wood furniture and leather couches. Maybe I'm nuts but I swear this has helped...We try and avoid all those new recycled carpets, etc because who knows down the road what they will say about them, I do know when we go somewhere that there is new carpet installed, I feel like I am being strangled and cough a lot..

G

·
You might have the urologist "hydro distend" your bladder. That would properly determine if you have IC. I am an IC sufferer. I do not have constant pain. Only during my menstral period, when I eat something with a lot of acidity in it and it also acts up due to environmental stimuli. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Corin, I have been going through alot of bladder problems too. I am glad you made this thread. I have the same question . Is the bladder problems that have IBS , irritable bladder ,or Fibro ? I have seen 2 uroligist and have had the hypo test. I have also been having alot of back pain too. I am having a MRI done on me the 24th. Then i go to a Ruem. DR. I would love to get a answer to my bladder problem . It is driving me nuts not knowing what is going on . God Bless and i wish you the best of luck. Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts