Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I'm sorry that I don't have a really good answer to help you out. Maybe something like Gas-X or something else that helps keep gas down might have a good effect on you? I was diagnosed with intersitial cystitis a few years back and it's an irritation of the bladder that's not caused by an infection, but it causes me to have to pee quite a bit. What helped was DMSO treatments in my bladder. They were horrible when I went through them, but in the end they helped keep me from peeing so often. What they do is put a catheter in your bladder and inject DMSO, then you have to hold it for a certain length of time (not easy to do!). They increase the time with each treatment. Eventually, somehow it helps to expand your bladder.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I don't have this constantly but sometimes (especially at night before I go to sleep) I seem to be up every 5 minutes. No I don't seem to be. I have timed myself and I AM! It's terrible. I don't have any solution for it though and it doesn't seem to be related to how much I have had to drink that night.

·
Registered
482 Posts
also have you had any children? my mom had that and she found well gyn found she had a prolapse bladder...also do you take immodium? i find when i take mine i can and do wee a million times a day.diabetes is a sensible test to have =)

G

·
Yes, thats a fair point - I was tested about 2 months ago because I had very specific and not very nice itching (in the pubic area) but it came back neg - which, in a way, I was disappointed about as at least that would have been a treatable explanation for scratching away like a baboon.I wouldn't get too worried about a "weedy bladder" - plenty of us with IBS seem to suffer, certainly intermittently in my case - with one of these. Not much fun is it - especially if you suffer from "night anxiety" and are woken up desp for a wee and then can't get back to sleep for worrying.Hope you get it sorted.Sue, Manchester

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
My theory is wheither your "tax" your bladder or your bowel by ignoring the nature call,you end up altering the sensitivity signals of the pelvic area.Resulting in IBS.I have no doctor to explains the relations between the bladder and the bowel.Or the pain sensors in cause.I still search for answers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i know how you feel, i've had that on and off for the past two weeks. one night i was getting up every two hours with a full bladder, was pretty exhausted and pissed off by morning. i have no idea how to remedy it though sadly, i've tried cutting down on drinking the water i normally drink (not a good idea), but that didn't work. maybe you could ask your GP for a solution? if mines gets any worse that's what i'll be doing next time i have a hospital checkup.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I recall reading somewhere that a lot of people who suffer from Irritable Bowel also suffer from Irritable Bladder (picture the same as IBS only itt's with wee's). The two seem to go hand in hand. I think there was some info on it on ...com.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.