Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyoneJust a quick background on me if it is useful...In early menopause - 36 now. Think I have had IBS for a while. Have bleeding spots in the stomach pobally caused by taking HRT.I changed my HRT from a gel to a patch about 2 months ago and noticed mucus and blood happening when passing stools appear (at the same time as the change in HRT). The mucus then disapeared and I got more and more blood coming out (only when going to the toilet)I changed the dose or the HRT(down)and it got worse so I changed it down again - still bad bleeding. So I went up again. asked the doctor and he said it was a common side effect when changing HRT's - bleeding, gas etc.Have spoken to several ladies that say that my doctor is not correct in this diagnosis and that I should investigate further.I would like to know what is going on but I really did not want to go and have something stuck up me and for the doctors to not give me a good answer (had an endoscopy before and is was not nice).The blood is bright red and only around the stools. I have diaorrea almost always - but it got a lot worse with the blood. The blood is in little sort of clumps (often) - like bits of flesh or little bloody sacks (sorry about the descriptions!). Then sometimes it is like a mixture of mucus and blood and it often all spurts out with air (sorry!) and stools. I am not loosing loads and loads of blood but enough to make me feel rather concerned.Can anyone give me an idea what is going on? Has anyone had this? I think I have had piles before but never had this much blood with them.Hope I have posted this in the right place.ThanksYoyo

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
hi and welcome yoyo
ohmigod you dont seem to be having a good time of it at all. I can totally sympathise with you going through the menopause, (i had a hystie about 8 yrs ago and im still getting bad symptoms hot flashes,etc) As for the bleeding i agree with kath, go and get it checked out as it does seem worrying... good luck

·
Registered
232 Posts
my cousin had sort of flowing blood, a good amount & had colitis. But I think colitis usually lets you know, hey something is very wrong, so depends on if you feel normal but just have some little blood. I'd have it checked out. The blood might be a good thing, helping the doc to make a diagnosis. Most of us just have some phantom pain and bloat and C or D. Not easy to call it anything but IBS, even if we do have something else we don't know it. Take your chance while you're getting symptoms, could be a flare up that will go away & come back again, so better to get it while it's happening. I've had a flex sig, not pretty either. You can always go and when the doc (a new one I hope) tells you you need something you're not comfy with, you can always say no. I tell my family doc no all the time, he fires back with a different test, & we go back & forth until I am comfortable with the test or treatment he suggests. You can do it, good luck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi y'all! I went thru something worse & figured out what caused it. The doctors are TOTALLY off-track (in fact a woman recently desperately phoned into the Dr.Ash radio show about herself & son both bleeding - but his response was NOT what I would have alerted her to). In the past, in desperation, I finally went to the ER of local hospital due to urethral bleeding which none of the doctors helped me with - not gyno, not urologist, not primary doctors. Well, the ER guys dx'ed me with "UTI" but ALL the docs failed to alert me that it was probably triggered by my computer monitor!In the past I'd also get bad vaginal bleeding for the same reasons - so it was both urethral & vaginal.Note that some LCDs can be just as bad or worse than some CRTs (and vice versa). It all has to do with the extent to which they were outgassed.References:Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition (lawsuite by Shetreet vs. Sharp Corp. Shetreet suffered nosebleeds & worse as a child.Black On White online PDF book by Granlund-Lind - wherein on pg. 78 a Swedish woman testifies re: bleeding symptoms from computer. Also therein, a guy testifies re: bleeding throatAnother reference:MY OWN EXPERIENCE - http://www.freewebs.com/eclectives/monitorpain.htmit includes guest testimonials (though the guest testimonials cite symptoms other than bleeding. Bleeding starts upon prolonged exposure combined with sensitivity.(I also have another Tripod site that's full of popups unfortunately - since Tripod imposed them after the site's creation. The site is entitled "heavy bleeding".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.