Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that I've had a slight problem with hemmys the past couple weeks. I think they're mostly internal because I can only actually feel them if I reach around after a BM. I guess they get "pushed out", because if I try and feel for them when I haven't been to the loo lately, they're practically nowhere to be found.They haven't been too bad. Occasionally annoying, and only slightly painful during a BM every so often. In short: nothing I couldn't handle and nothing too bothersome or worrisome. I've been using preparation h wipes in the mornings and the evenings after a BM just to soothe them, but basically it hasn't been that bad. A few times I've seen a few drops of blood, but nothing alarming.Today, though, I had more BMs than usual and a couple hours ago after going to the bathroom, when I went to wipe I saw a lot of blood. I had to wipe a few times to clean myself all up.How much more do I have to worry about bloody hemmys than regular hemmys? Do I have to do something different than what I have been doing with Preparation H? Am I making them worse somehow?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Typically, they're not a huge concern unless they are bleeding alot. I think what the doc told me was about a half cup or more. Then you need to be looked at just to make sure you haven't lost too much blood and are not becoming anemic.They do have supps to help stop the bleeding and calm them down. Believe they are called anusol. I tend to find them more gross than the blood, though. They seem to do the job, but you pass back out all the white goo with your bm. If you continue to have problem with blood you may want to ask the doc about them.If you are going a lot or straining a lot you may feel the hemmy bulge from your rear. That is an indication it is pretty irritated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
lynnie its not good to bleed anymore than the size of a 50 cent piece after a BM ,any larger blood stain on the TP is a sign that you are bleeding from inside the rectum ,which is serious stuff,if fecal mattter gets inside open tears in the mucous membranes in the rectum it could lead to sepsis(bacteria entering the bloodstream !! My doc told me to use the 50 cent piece standard to know if blood on the TP after a large or painful BM,if smaller ir eqal to that diameter,its a good bet a tiny blood vessel in the anus swelled and popped while stretching wider than its used to, and a small cappillaries(spell?)was to blame.It happens quite a lot to me from time to time ,thats no big deal,but a larger amount of blood is cause for concern,it could be a 'roid or polyp or rectal bleeding,get it checked out if so

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.