Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told my doctor a few years ago that there was often some blood on the tissue after a BM. I was sent to the hospital to check whether I had hemmies, which I didn't. Not a very pleasant experience, but I am a bit wimpy! Anyway, I still get the spots of blood on the tissue, and I was just wondering where on earth it is coming from! Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I get the same thing which is why they thought I had Chrons at first. I was told that its probably because its so irritated down there from going to the washroom so often. Small cuts and stuff. Hope that helps!Hugz,Kestrel

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I don't necessarily qualify as a young adult, but I saw this , and felt I should comment.First of all, I would mention it to the dr. again, if you haven't in awhile . That doesn't mean it's anything serious, but it's good to keep him/her informed.If the blood is bright red, it usually means it's fresh and close to the opening.. which is a good sign. If it's black or very dark in color, that would indicate old blood, higher up in the intestinal tract, and would need to be investigated.I hope that helps.Take care,Jeanne

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bright red would most likely be a fissure/hemmie, dark red needs investigating.I've had a fissure for 6years, it comes and goes, sometimes it can get so bad that it drips from my bum, and i have to sit there and wait for it to stop dripping, then your hands get covered in blood or you use so much loo roll that the toilet gets blocked. If i didnt laugh i think i'd cry.Gaz

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Lizzie, i would also suggest that you go back to the doctor and mention it. It might be worth a check anyway, although it is probably nothing serious seeing as it is only a little blood and that is is bright red.Hope you feel better soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.