Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what it is when there is bleeding after a BM, or seemingly after, like sometimes it does it if im C and it feels sharp like its hard and cuts me but then today i know i am C but it wasnt particularly hard and didnt feel like it cut me but there was quite a lot of blood when i wiped so i was wondering what this was? very red blood, quite light red though

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i know its not a fissure because i was checked for that ages ago when i mentioned it. but they never said what it was, i was meant to have blood tests for an eating thing but i couldnt go in the end and i was okay with the eating thing after that

·
Registered
268 Posts
sophie22 -- From personal experience, I can tell you that bright red blood is almost always a symptom of hemorrhoids or anal fissures. You mentioned that it couldn't be a fissure because you were checked for that ages ago. Keep in mind-- all an anal fissure is is a tearing in wall of the rectum or anus. Kind of like a little cut. They are usually caused by unusually hard stools that are difficult to pass. Hemorrhoids can be caused by this as well...or by lots of diahrreah. Mainly, hemorrhoids are caused by lots of straining. Fissures tend to bleed a lot, whereas hemorrhoids bleed a bit less. Both, however, can produce quite a quantity of blood. Also, it IS possible to have hemorrhoids AND a fissure at the same time. If it keeps up, I'd recommend having your doctor check you out. Hope this info helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.