Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have to say, I got cocky today. I have been feeling so great for almost a week now...Taking my fiber, caltrate, probiotic, ibsacol and hypnotherapy daily and feeling great!Today, I was feeling slightly C, which I'm not used to, so I decided to cut down on my Caltrate, did not take any last night with dinner and did 1/2 tablet at breakfast and 1/2 tablet at lunch. And then, I've been off of coffee for 3 weeks now, and today felt the headache and so tired... well, I had a small cup. BOY AM I PAYING FOR IT NOW.. back came the gurgles, pain, urgency and borderline D all over again. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson, felt the need to confess my cockiness

·
Registered
423 Posts
I know how you feel. It is so frustrating that one small thing can tip the scale and send you from doing great to miserable. It would be nice to not have to think how everything I consume affects me. I decided to indulge and had a couple of handfuls of popcorn since I have been doing ok. I had a very gassy, cramping day two days later. When will I ever learn?P.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree with mitchell. I try to avoid/cut back on my problem foods but if I'd eliminate them completely, I'd be miserable. So if I have an oreo craving, I have an oreo craving. So I eat an oreo. If I have an egg craving, I have an egg. If I deny myself that I'll just want it more and beat myself up for not being able to eat it. So if you have a bad day,
I'm sorry. It sucks but can you really restrict yourself so much to make IBS your life? I'm really sorry if your IBS is worse than mine and you can't bear going back to your symptoms. If that is so, you can keep on avoiding your trouble foods, but if you screw up once, don't worry about it.My sympathies and love,Amy

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am famous in my family for not being too eager to try new foods and for only eating a very small amount the first time. My kids usually say something like "doing anything important tomorrow Mom?"I know I could probably be almost symptom free if I ate totally right but sometimes you feel like cheating and sometimes you just want to be NORMAL! Don't be too hard on yourself, after all it is you that has to pay for the lapse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts