Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am feeling very proud of myself today.Yesterday was horrible - after going to the doctors in the morning - i had terrible stomach pains all day and they got worse as the day went on
But! then i got home and later that night had a big d attack! Now i am normally mostly c type so this was something of a shock! But i was so relieved cos it explained all the pain i had been having all day!!!
So i imagined that it was all the gunk and #### that has been hanging around in my bowels for the last 2 years finally coming out! (for it looked like enough!!!
)So from now on i am going to be ok!
I think it must be just that i have eaten something off or that didn't agree - i think it is easy to forget that normal people sometimes have d too! And i am convinced that is all this is - and i am proud that i am not panicking that i am just changing from ibs c too ibs d! Not going to let that happen! And i am proud that i am in work today despite the odd cramp and dash for the toilet! When i know that most normal people would be tucked up in bed if they felt like this! Maybe ibs is making us stronger - and if i can think of it in a positive way - i can learn to live with it and control it and be happy? Or maybe it will quit bugging me at all since it no longer gets a reaction! Just like a big bully!
Just thought i would share a happy positive moment with you!
Be nice if it lasts!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Enna. I need a positive " outlook again" lately. I'm grateful and happy to share yours! Have a good day and thanks again!Barbara------------------BJV/Female__(D)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's ok Barbara! I thought - i have been moaning so much lately - it was about time i shared one of my more positive thoughts with you all!
[This message has been edited by enna2 (edited 07-19-2000).]

·
Registered
699 Posts
I, too, like to think in terms of this making us all much stronger people! We may feel weak at times but it takes strong people to live with this or any chronic condition and continue on with our lives. Others who have no physical problems think they are strong but it's only because they haven't been tested yet. I find IBS to be a very humbling thing. Plus, if it weren't for IBS I'd be eating all kinds of fattening foods that could lead to early heart disease which runs in my family. I think it was a "wake-up call" to watch what I eat!------------------C-Type IBS (slow motility)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts