Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have suffered for years with ibs.As a teenager it was diagnosed as "nervous tummy".( If I was doing anything different d. resulted.Over the years I have alternated between c.& d.The d.for no apparent reason and just meant 15mins having a good clear out!I now seem to have gone more c. The day that my mum died in May my c. has become worse including bad bloat (no tightness of clothes)and a tender spot under right ribcage.Guess it is about stomach/liver/gall bladder area.My "stools" when I go are mostly softish,reasonable colour with no blood.I had a scan a few years ago after experiencing a sharp pain in the area I have described but all came back AOK.Have had a few external exams over the area but Doc felt nothing nor did I.My mum died,have to move out of house as is part of her estate,partner has left etc etc.All in a short period of time, depression over many years.Could my "new" symptoms be due to current circumstances?I am very aware that depression can often show itself physically.Thanks for reading.Any advice appreciated. I have a real aversion to hospitals and surgery. Takes alot of courage to to the doc

·
Registered
9 Posts
I notice my IBS symptoms become more much extreme in any times of my life where high stress/depression/anxiety takes place. Especially if it has caused me to have a lot of "empty" time on my hands (Where I'm not involved due to me not feeling well)Anyhow, if you have a doctor you feel comfortable with (Which makes everything so much eaiser) there's no harm in getting a checkup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.