Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am similar to many of you. My abdomen is so bloated everyday, no matter what I eat. I try to follow the 'IBS deit' but it does not work. I drink more fennel tea than an alcoholic drinks alcohol! It makes me feel very, very depressed. No one I know understands what I go through everyday just to get through the day. Please help me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh God do I know what you're saying! No one knows (that I know) what it feels like when you swear your belly is going to explode. And you are right - it doesn't matter what you eat! I self-medicate every day, but the generic for Paxil has really helped. 10 mg did nothing, but 20 mg has been a Godsend. Maybe once every ten days I get the bloat, but much improved. Doctor did a sigmoidoscopy three years and nearly killed me. He said it was because my intestines twist back and forth so much, but I'd rather be beaten than go through that again. I used to have diahrrea three to five times a day but it has really slowed down since the Paxil. Try it!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
BBG-I used to have that feeling, but by taking natural antibacterials & probiotics, that was one of the many IBS symptoms that left for good.BP-I'm very glad that Paxil has made your life more comfortable.But here's the thing--with the following possible side effects(I'm not even going to list them all), whether you get them or not, how can this be good for your body?:More commonAcid or sour stomach; belching; decreased appetite; decreased sexual ability or desire; excess air or gas in stomach or intestines; heartburn; nervousness; pain or tenderness around eyes and cheekbones; passing gas; problems in urinating; runny or stuffy nose; sexual problems, especially ejaculatory disturbances; sleepiness or unusual drowsiness; stomach discomfort, upset, or pain; sweating; trauma; trembling or shaking; trouble in sleeping. Less commonAbnormal dreams; anxiety; bladder pain; body aches or pain; change in sense of taste; changes in vision; cloudy urine; confusion; congestion; difficulty in focusing eyes; difficulty in moving; discouragement, feeling sad or empty; drugged feeling; dryness of throat; excessive muscle tone; fainting or loss of consciousness; fast or irregular breathing; feeling of unreality; feeling of warmth or heat; flushing or redness of skin, especially on face and neck; frequent urge to urinate; headache, severe and throbbing; heavy bleeding; increase in body movements; increased appetite; irritability; itching, pain, redness, or swelling of eye or eyelid; itching of the vagina or genital area; lack of emotion; loss of interest or pleasure; loss of memory; lump in throat; menstrual changes; menstrual pain or cramps; muscle twitching or jerking; pain during sexual intercourse; problems with memory; problems with tooth; rhythmic movement of muscles; sense of detachment from self or body; severe sunburn; slow heartbeat; sneezing; thick, white vaginal discharge with no odor or with a mild odor; tightness in throat; tingling, burning, or prickling sensations; trouble concentrating; voice changes; watering of eyes; weight loss; yawn. After you stop using this medicine, your body may need time to adjust. The length of time this takes depends on the amount of medicine you were using and how long you used it. During this period of time check with your doctor if you notice any of the following side effects:Abnormal dreams; agitation, confusion, or restlessness; burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles" , or tingling feelings; diarrhea; dizziness or light-headedness; electric shock sensations; fear; headache; increased sweating; muscle pain; nausea or vomiting; nervousness; runny nose; trembling or shaking; trouble in sleeping; unusual tiredness or weakness; vision changes. Other side effects not listed above may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your doctor. http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objec...9A5A2A3115076DA *********************I really, really hope you don't take this post the wrong way. I just wanted to get that info out there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i am on serious probiotics (primal defense) and lexapro and still have the bloat. lots of times i can't even breathe! it is alot better with behavioral changes (eat slow, small amounts, nothing too hot or cold,) but is still there. causes me lots of reflux. it's yucky in that is accompanied by putrid gas!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
BBG--I was thinking about this bloating thing last night, & I thought I should mention that I also did an elimination diet to find my triggers.One of them was wheat. I can eat some wheat these days, since mostly recovering, w/o reacting in more "D", but I do get bloated.I'm not saying it's wheat for you, but have you tried an elimination diet for hidden triggers?Just a thought. T-

·
Registered
265 Posts
BigBellyGirl,I also bloat badly and look pregnant (not good for a dude). What I do: eat smaller lite meals with snacks in between; never eat 'til full or even partially satisfied. As a general rule eat about 1/2 of what you normally would at a meal, and DO NOT get seconds. It takes about 3 days of this to see max results, but it does work good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.