Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've have had IBS for as long as I can rememberI'm 50 in 1 week .and got to the stage where Ithink there must be some one who can offer some help,from the bloatedness.The running to the loo ,then constpation i can put up with,but the gas and stomach swelling is a right pain.I work as a carer and its not funny any more when the old dears ask me when my baby's dueI mean i'm nearly 50.Any help would be most welcome

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had same thing and a detox diet got rid of it. Because you are from UK I can say specifically that it was carol vordemans book which has lots of very specific recipes you can follow without having to think about it. And it isn't full of bizarre expensive ingredients. It isn't a true detox like you read about in magasines, its more a way of making meals that involves as little cooking as possible (preserving nutrients) and including real food that contains nutrients rather than the cardboard most of us eat! The only logical explanation I can come up wityh is that my body had the usual digestive stress taken off it and it was able to calm down a bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice,i will get Carol Vorderman's book and give it a try.I have day's when it swells up so much it's so uncomfortableI do know certain food's effect it ,white bread is the main one .I try to only eat brown ,But apart from white bread i'm not sure what elseeffects it.Wind is a big problem too,good job my husband can laugh at me,i did try alovera juice for a while and it did calm my stomach but i hated the after taste so stopped it.Anyway thanks for the advice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.