Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if you guys have anything to recomend ( I have tried all types of tea and most vitamins so I am looking for medication* I am also waiting to get Creon 10 and hope that works. I am a 19 yo male and I have had this for about a year ever. I have no more D thanks to a pill that a take twice a day or as needed. The one remaing problem is Flatulence it is not really really smelly just smells like gas and sometimes there is no smell at all. I am healthy I avoid Wheat,gluten,dairy and everything else known to give you gas. I feel as though it is a problem with my body dealing with a normal amount of gas(since I do not believe it is candida or bacteria overgrowth since I have tried that road) I have gotten thorugh the whole D thing and am very very happy about that. The only thing remaing is the gas and I need to find a way to get rid of it. It keeps me from wanting to go out and enjoy myself and forget about spending the night out with my friends or having them hang out by my house since I am afraid to pass gas or better yet holding it and being very very uncomf . I know I am going on and on but I just need help finding a medication for gas or bloating. I am 19 and this is the one thing that is keeping me from being happy. Please help me out and I am sure you will thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
i know exactly what youre talking about..19 also, im just in recovery from bulimia, and since ive been eating normally..this has started happening to me.i cant go out in the evenings because im in so much pain from wind, and nothing seems to help.ive tried peppermint tea and oil capsules, charcoal tablets, every wind ease product out there, and cut out wheat, thoug it made it worse, so ive stopped.i keep going to the docs, they said it was IBS, so im now on Mebeverine, but its not working.id love to hear from people who might be able to help too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
*shakes head*what does that mean?can i ask the doctor for that?sorry, im really not up on all this stuff, i only discovered it was possible IBS a couple of days ago, and the doctors are reluctant to give me any tests, just drugs.and um, just a quick question (please excuse a)my ignorance and
my impoliteness for stealing this post to answer): how long should it take mebeverine to start working?ie would it work from the first one you take, or gradually help you?thanks.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I think mebeverine starts working pretty quickly. You can also ask a pharmicist if not the doc.SIBO is a condition that may mickmick some IBS symptoms and there is research going on about it and IBS.alsoFrom Medscape General Medicineâ„¢MedGenMed GastroenterologyExpert Commentary -- Bloating, Distension, and the Irritable Bowel SyndromePosted 01/10/2005Richard Lea, MD; Peter J. Whorwell, MD Definition of Bloating and Distensionhttp://ibsgroup.org/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s...07762#485107762IT has also been shown in many studies that GUT Directed HT can improve bloating and pain in IBS.A Patient symposium for understanding IBS and other functional GI Disorders was held by the UNC Center for Functional GI & Motility Disorders on July 15, 2006.The full-day symposium was split into presentations each about 40 minutes in length.Douglas Drossman, MD and William Whitehead, PhD, co-directors of the UNC Center chaired the sessions."70-80% benefit in studies for pain and IBS"andWhy Consider Hypnosis Treatment for IBS?by Olafur S. Palsson, Psy.D.Hypnosis is only one of several approaches to treating irritable bowel syndrome and may not be the most suitable option for all patients (click here for discussion of treatment options for IBS). However, hypnosis treatment has some advantages which makes it an attractive option for many IBS sufferers with chronic and severe symptoms:- It is one of the most successful treatment approaches for chronic IBS. The response rate to treatment is 80% and better in most published studies to date. - The treatment often helps individuals who have failed to get improvements with other methods (see for example: Whorwell et al., 1984, 1987; Palsson et al., 1997, 2000).- It is a uniquely comfortable form of treatment; relaxing, easy and generally enjoyable.- It utilizes the healing power of the person's own mind, and is generally completely without negative side effects. - The treatment sometimes results in improvement in other symptoms or problems such as migraine or tension headaches, along with the improvement in IBS symptoms.- The beneficial effects of the treatment last long after the end of the course of treatment. According to research, individuals who improve from hypnosis treatment for IBS can generally look forward to years of reduced bowel symptoms. http://www.ibshypnosis.com/whyhypnosis.htmlPaul123I would read this as well.http://hopkins-gi.nts.jhu.edu/pages/latin/...se=43&lang_id=1

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Like you, my D is controlled; but gas has remained my one major problem.My wife and I have recently been experimenting with the Eat 4 Your Blood Type diet (from the book of the same name). While you have eliminated 3 of my major contributors, there are other foodstuffs your body may not be handling well, depending upon what bloodtype you are. (In my case, potatoes and mushrooms have recently reared their ugly heads as contributors.) By sticking to the diet, our gas production has dropped remarkably. Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.