Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have suffered from IBS (mainly D) since my junior year of college (about 7 years). I am used to my symptoms by now...but lately I have been SO bloated. My stomach is very very big and it kind of looks like i am pregnant. I am also experiencing nausea. These symptoms are TOTALY new to me and I don't know what to do to make them better!!!!Help!!!------------------

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dear Jeudiblonde:I have had chronic bloating from IBS for about 5 years now and have never found anything that takes away the bloating. I now how you feel - it is really humiliating to look pregnant all the time. I am hoping that Zelmac will be effective - it is expected to be approved by the FDA in the near future.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi: since the symptoms are new, they maynot be related to IBS- you could have fibroids which would make your stomach biggeror other gastrointestinal problems. You mightwant to see a physician just to make sureyour symptoms aren't anything serious

·
Registered
540 Posts
I am a c with major bloating! I have cut out certain foods that increase the symptoms. For me they are : onions, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, rice, pasta and some others. I drink lots of peppermint, chamomile and fennel teas which help the bloat. It is a frustrating symptom though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.