Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything medicinal that anyone knows works to cure distension of the stomach and bloating? I have been told my doctor that there are medications I can try but that they are usuallly unsuccessful. Being that I am someone who tends to prefer natural remedies rather than medicinal ones I declined to try it. I am however now DESPERATE to get rid of the bloating I have which has this slim 30 year old looking 9 months pregnant - I would slice it out with a burning sword if I knew it would cure me. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
Hi, i can confirm the Slippery Elm Bark. I have been taking it with meals for 4 days now and have noticed a remarkable difference in comfort after eating, heartburn and feeling stretched beyond capacity in my tummy. I just hope it continues to work!Lisa

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi bulbous belly, I too have the same problem as I lood pregnant I have tried peppermint pills, acdofillis pills, fiber, and aloe vera gell juice and so far nothing has worked for the bloated distented stomach. would love a cure as my clothes don't fit anymore and this is just the last 6 months, and I've had to go up 2 sizes just to get my clothes to fit my stomach, it is horrible, I've been pregnant twice and this is worse, cause at least being pregnant you know it will go away, I feel like an elephant being pregnant for 2 years,I have just been taking antispasmodic meds and prilosec for heartburn and alca seltzer when it gets really bad and I can't even sleep.will keep you posted if I find a solution.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I find charcoal brings my belly down a lot as it absorbs the bloat and gas that causes the bloat. You have to be careful if you are constipated though and need to drink a lot of water with it (see the other thread on charcoal which I've explained all about it in). Hope this helps

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
My mom gaves me a pill of Cascara sacara(sp?) with other products in it and it help the motility and the trapped gas as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am suffering from severe bloating. I have tried Gas-X, diet changes, prilosec, not eating much, not drinking much, tons of water, etc.. NOTHING helps.. yes the gasx relieves a little bloating, but I still have it! And if I eat a large meal, forget skintight shirts, its horrible im 21!! and i cant even enjoy it, im miserable...

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:I find charcoal brings my belly down a lot as it absorbs the bloat and gas that causes the bloat.
Charcoal has no effect on gas in the intestine.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Charcoal help diarrhea but NOT C since it reduce the motility.And it is use in the E.R. as an effective anti-poison.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Charcoal doesnt help bloating and gas with IBS-C at all, really? So it can make it worse? What if you drink a lot of water with it? I just got some to try hoping it would help me. So i guess i should look for something else...

·
Registered
229 Posts
They need to add some new little men one with gas one throwing up and one with a bloated belly, well any way I have been trying the charcoal for a week now could not find ones that were gel so i bought some i have to chew up they don't taste bad just hard to swallow and turn your tongue black for awhile, but i have noticed I don't have d now I get clogged up so used a stool softner, but my bloated distened belly is still here, I do notice that the pain is gone and I burp more to release the gas, but was wondering if not taking enough to get rid of the bloating as i only take two in the morning, one person said thier stomach dissapeared would loooovvvvvee that i could wear my wardrobe again, and not feel pregnant,how long can you take it and are there long term side effects, the box did not have any paperwork in it, just what was on the side and it said to take only for 72 hrs. any feedbackscreamer: i noticed you take 3 times a day is that right??? I do feel better,but had an anxiety attack but think it might have been a reaction to cookies so add to my do not eat list which is getting longer by the day.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
It works but start slowly to see your tolerance.It is irritating i think.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Big Mama, I have on occassion taken the maximum dose of 4 pills 3 times a day, these days though I really only take it when I need it. To be honest I'm not sure whether it helps my bloating much or not but I remember someone else saying it helped theirs. I don't get much bloating until after dinner and by then no one see's me anyway so I don't really care much. Hope it helps you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.