Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first post. So happy to find this site. I was diagnosed in the begining of November and have been experimenting with the suggestions on this site. I do have one question though - I find that if I get really bloated and then eat something - anything - I will end up vomiting. It might take 20 minutes it might take 6 hours. Does anyone else have that?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Some people find digestive enzymes can really help reduce bloating. Have you tried those yet? Also how about trying an anti-gas product (anythng with simethicone in it... like Gas-X Phazyme..etc) with or after meals?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gas X has not done anything for me.
I would like to try the enzymes. Where do I get them? What are they called?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sometimes simethicone like Gas-X may need to be taken with every meal for 3 days or so before you notice a difference. It doesn't work at a distance so what is in your stomach will do nothing for gas in the colon. Sometimes the bloating is further down than just the stomach, so even with the vomiting it can be hard to tell how much is upper vs lower GI issues.I find digestive enzymes at pretty much every pharmacy and supplement store I have ever been in. Best bet for bloating may be ones that contain pancreatin. http://www.google.com/products?q=pancreati...;hl=en&aq=f has a few brands. It is a pretty common thing (either pancreatin or other digestive enzymes) for most larger supplement manufacturers to make.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm no doctor but vomiting isn't a regular symptom of IBS. Bloating and vomiting are very common in gastroparesis, which is the paralysis of your stomach. In gastroparesis, you gastric emptying is delayed meaning food is emptied from your stomach at a much slower rate than normal. This would leave a lot of undigested food in your stomach, which would cause the bloating. The majority of your bloating might not be affected by gas but more the undigested food in your stomach. As for the vomiting, stomach acid and food can come back up your throat when the stomach gets too full. If you also feel very full after only a few bites then gastroparesis could be your problem. I would talk to your doctor about this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts