Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been suffering from bloating which has got worse in the past four months. When it flares up I look about five/six months pregnant. I usually wake up in the morning with a virtually flat stomach but as the day goes on (after Ive eaten my first meal) the bloating gets worse. Usually its tolerable but on occassions it bloats so badly that I just need to lay down due to the discomfort. I dont find that passing wind makes it any better. Some foods do appear to make it worse Ive noticed, such as potatoes / pizza.Any advice on how to get rid of the bloating as that and abdo discomfort are my main symptoms of my IBS. Any medications I can take? Any foods I can cut out?? I'm currently taking fibrogel mebeverine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
am not the best girl to ask am in a state my self but i would not have fybogel bloats me badcut back on fizzy drinks stick to carrots for veg and berries for fruit try activia yogurt
Sadly I dont have any fizzy drinks anymore :-( as I found that definately made the bloating worse. Ive even cut out alcohol!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found that hot boiled rice milk (am lactose and allergic to soy) has helped me pass bowel movement eliminating most of my gas. Granted thats with me avoiding alot of trigger foods. Especially POTATOES! I can't resist the chip snack here and there however I pay for it afterwards. I have also found starchy veggies can set off an attack too (broccoli, leafy greens). However I found that since I've started drinking a glass of boiled rice milk in the morning with my breakfast it has helped my constipation and prevented most of the gas and bloatedness. It helps to also exercise (nothing intense, a light 30 min jog), and fennel tea helps. I avoid anti-spasmodics (Bentyl, Gas-X) as they make it worst for me. And usually when I get an attack I steep a cup of fennel tea, and hop on my exercise bike because it hits during the odd hours, if I get it during the day a light walk around the neighbourhood is the best. Hope this helps, I really suggest the boiled rice milk, really helps! Avoid cold as anything cold triggers attacks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You have the EXACT same symptoms that I do... usually no problems with breakfast, but the bloating gradually becomes worse all day and by dinner forget it. And, yes, carbohydrates are much worse for me than any other foods (bread, pasta, etc).I've tried probiotics twice now, and they don't help me at all. I'm pretty thin and I almost always look pregnant after dinner... gah!If you find any solutions please post them! I already (somewhat) wacth what I eat and I exercise an hour every day. Maybe I'll give that fennel tea a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts