Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is quite embarrassing. I have not been diagnosed with IBS. Three years ago I went to the doctor to see if I had hemroids. She said it was minor and there was nothing she could do. I often have diarehha, soreness and quite ofter there is blood after I have a bowel movement. Any ideas on what this is?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hi geriwell the first thing that comes to mine is the blood is comming from your hemroids,one way you may tell is that it is bright red!after you go potty,now blood in the stool is a whole other story,are your stool black or look like tar?i have roids and yes i at times get bloodhope this helps youcharlie

·
Registered
581 Posts
If I had blood in my stool I would insist on a test, either a sigmoidoscopy or a colonoscopy to make sure the blood was just coming from a hemmriod and not a lesion or polyp within my rectum, colon, etc. If your current doctor blows you off again, I would go someplace else.IBS alone should not be bloody in any way.Good luck,britta

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.