Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 31 and have been diagnosed with having IBS-D since I was around 18. The other day when I went to the bathroom I had bright red blood when I had a bowel movement and the same thing the next day. It was as though I had my period. I usually have D but these movements were more solid. In the past couple of days I also have had severe nausea and for the past week I have felt very bloated. I plan to call my doctor first thing Monday morning but was just wondering if anyone else had similiar symptoms and know what this could be. Just very worried about this. Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
You should certainly get this checked out , BUT don't panic. I myself haven't had this, but my sister in law would fill up the entire toilet with bright red blood.She had a colonoscopy and it turned out to be an internal hemmorhoid that had burst.It could be something as simple as that. Usually bright red blood indicates that it is closer to the opening and fresher. Dark colored blood indicates old bleeding , and bleeding higher up in the intestines.You should definately have it investigated, but it doesn't mean it is anything really serious.You'll feel very relieved when you find out that it isn't .Keep us posted.Take care((((HUGS))))Jeanne

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
completely agree with the above posters. I had the same thing and went for a sigmoidoscopy just to be sure - it was a fissure. bright red is sometihng to be checked out for sure but usually not serious. blood in the stools is something more worrisome - but it's darker red.nancy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.