Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Just found this forum. Just wondering if anyone has ever had occasional small spots of blood in their stool with IBS? Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Blood in the stool can mean many things. Do you have haemorrhoids? They usually present with some bright blood on the toilet paper. If you have found blood in your stool it is always best to talk to your doctor about it. It's is probably something simple, but for your own peace of mind, get it checked out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Blood in the stool can mean many things. Do you have haemorrhoids? They usually present with some bright blood on the toilet paper. If you have found blood in your stool it is always best to talk to your doctor about it. It's is probably something simple, but for your own peace of mind, get it checked out.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Blood in your stool is not a symptom of IBS. You need to see your Dr. and get some more testing done. Blood can be from many things and your Dr. will find out where it is coming from.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Blood in your stool is not a symptom of IBS. You need to see your Dr. and get some more testing done. Blood can be from many things and your Dr. will find out where it is coming from.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Marsye, I know it's pretty scary to first find blood in your stool. Please call your doctor to put your mind at ease. There could be several things going on, but call you doctor to get treatment. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Marsye, I know it's pretty scary to first find blood in your stool. Please call your doctor to put your mind at ease. There could be several things going on, but call you doctor to get treatment. Good luck.

G

·
Yes, these people are all correct but please don't be alarmed. Have you checked to see whether you have external piles. I did and experienced a small amount of bright red blood on wiping. This went away when the pile disappeared with special cream which I got from my GP. Unfortunately piles is a symptom associated with IBS, especially if you suffer from constipation and straining. It might also be worth looking at your diet and fibre intake.All the bestSue, Manchester

G

·
Yes, these people are all correct but please don't be alarmed. Have you checked to see whether you have external piles. I did and experienced a small amount of bright red blood on wiping. This went away when the pile disappeared with special cream which I got from my GP. Unfortunately piles is a symptom associated with IBS, especially if you suffer from constipation and straining. It might also be worth looking at your diet and fibre intake.All the bestSue, Manchester

1 - 11 of 11 Posts