Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i am having the C part of my IBS i get a lot of blood in my stool. It turns the water red and it mixed in with the stool. What could this be? and i guess it is not always the c but when it is fairly hard stool. I am scared to know if it is something bad.~Becky

·
Registered
98 Posts
as far as i know, blood indicates something more serious than IBS. have u already seen your doctor and ruled out everything else? also, when i eat things like watermelon, ill have diharea, and my stool will come out red.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would definitely make an appointment with your doctor. They can do an occult test (I think this is what it's called). I had the same thing after I took some immodium once and nothing was found. It could also be possible that you have hemeroids (sp). I would make sure to try and keep a record of how often this happens so that you can give your doc the most information you can. You'll never know how serious it is unless you get it checked out. Good LuckAubs

·
Registered
279 Posts
I see trace amounts of bright red blood in my stool when I'm having or am recovering from an attack. I've relayed this to my GI doc only to be told that it's most likely caused by irritation. If you have more than just a trace or if the color of the blood in your stool is any color but bright red, then call your doctor ASAP.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
you should definitely see a doc to rule out major problems. But quite likely the blood is from a hemmie or a fissure if the blood is bright red. I get tihs qiute often. First time, I called the doc and she got me in right away. They did the stool sample test and then followed up with a flex sig (at wihch the the doc was excited to be able to show the med student a healthy colon - glad I could be of service
).If the blood is dark red and in the stool - not just on it, then this is a huge red flag. IN either case, best to get it checked out just like any symptom you develop suddenly.nancy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.