Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had another question maybe someone can help me with. My mom had an episode the night before last after eating pasta but she has felt good all day today. She ate dinner and still felt good. She said she had to have a bm so she went to the bathroom and she said she strained for a little bit and then used an enima and she finally had a bm but she said there was a few spots of what looked like blood in the bm. I told her I thought it was from where she strained and then used the enima but she is freaking out a little. Has anyone else had this happen??? Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It is common for there to be a few spots of blood when one strains or forces a stool.Many people have hemaroid or other anal irritations and when you do something that strains them you can get a couple of spots of blood.It is probably worth running this past the doctor if she hasn't had a rectal exam recently just to be sure that it is just something like this.If the amounts are large, it continues to occur regularly, or there is any brownish blood or black tarry areas on the stool then she really needs to be evaluated.When the blood is bright it is usually very fresh. Bleeding further up the GI tract tends to be darker and from very high up it tends to be black.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.