Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently at my in-laws' place in California, and I've had a lot of stress with this trip. Plus, I have my period.My question is, tonight I went to the bathroom, and it wasn't diarrhea, but it was softer than usual and had some bright red blood streaked in it. I wiped and didn't see any blood on the tissue, so I wonder what it could be.Any ideas? Is this serious?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Tummy Trouble TB,If Blood in your stool/bleeding is a new symptom for you it should probably be checked by a doctor. It may or may not be serious and there are a lot of possibilities from haemorrhoids to fissures and more.So while it may not be serious, I would still get it checked out to be safe. If you are staying at your in laws for more than a day or two, I would see a doctor nearby rather than waiting till you get home.Give yourself some peace of mind rather than worrying about it. I am going to buy my doctor one of those doormats that says 'Oh no, not you again' as I seem to be there so often. But, as I said, better safe than sorry.Post again if you can and let us know how you get on. Take care.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I agree with sabriel. Check it out with your doctor. I often get a little bleeding especially after a bout of either C or D. but a couple of months ago, it was so bad I called the doctor. She wanted me in right away to check it out. Turned out to be a fissure but it was beter to know and be sure.nancy

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had bright red blood in my stool many times before, but it's usually associated with constipation. Since this was relatively soft, I was surprised.Last night I felt something sharp and sore in my anal area, and I wiped there and there was some bright red blood. I think I have a hemmorhoid or a fissure. It's very itchy too, no matter how much I wash the area.I'll see what happens. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi again Tummy Trouble TB,Sounds to me quite like haemorrhoids would be your problem. The fact you say it is itchy is a very common symptom of haemorrhoids I believe.Do take care, and see your doctor anyway, just to be sure.Take care.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.