Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I usually suffer from IBS symptoms, but have controled them a bit for the past few months by avoiding certain foods. Just yesterday and today I am getting bright red blood dripping when I have bowel movments, I don't feel any pain, and it doesn't seem to be related to a hemmroid or anal fissure? What should I do? I've called my doctor already today but he isn't in. I'm pretty scared.

G

·
Try to remember that if it bright red it is probably not serious. Hemorroids don't always hurt--in fact mine don't hurt at all when they are bleeding because the pressure has been taken off of them.

G

·
Try to remember that if it bright red it is probably not serious. Hemorroids don't always hurt--in fact mine don't hurt at all when they are bleeding because the pressure has been taken off of them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm not telling you this to alarm you even more but you should check out any bleeding from the bowels ASAP! I started bleeding a lot one day when I had a bout of the evil D. I called my doctor immediately. He set up my first colonoscopy. The surgeon removed a rather large (even to him) polyp that was changing colors and very suspicious. The diarrhea was irritating the polyp and making it bleed and the blood in the colon was making the diarrhea worse. The polyp turned out to be harmless but if it had been left,the good news would have been surgery and removal of that part of the colon. I don't even want to relate what the bad news would have been. The only time in my life I have ever said, thank goodness for IBS! You are smart to have it checked out but don't sit and worry. Most of the polyps are harmless. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm not telling you this to alarm you even more but you should check out any bleeding from the bowels ASAP! I started bleeding a lot one day when I had a bout of the evil D. I called my doctor immediately. He set up my first colonoscopy. The surgeon removed a rather large (even to him) polyp that was changing colors and very suspicious. The diarrhea was irritating the polyp and making it bleed and the blood in the colon was making the diarrhea worse. The polyp turned out to be harmless but if it had been left,the good news would have been surgery and removal of that part of the colon. I don't even want to relate what the bad news would have been. The only time in my life I have ever said, thank goodness for IBS! You are smart to have it checked out but don't sit and worry. Most of the polyps are harmless. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.