Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I just had a colonoscopy two and a half months ago that showed everything as being OK, what else and how else can they check for why I have blood with (not in - already been checked) my stools when I am having Ibs spasms and straining and frequent sudden urges to go? This is my primary symptom right now which may have been brought on by an antibiotic. See earlier post... Thanks!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Visible red blood?Then pretty much your back to doing another scoping from the bottom end, perhaps with biopsies to see what is going on.If the blood is dark, or black and tarry (or it was found in the stool sample but you can't see it so you don't know) they may decided to check out the upper GI for bleeding. An endoscope gets the stomach and the first part of the small intestine. The colonoscopy can get the last part of the of the small intestine as well. To check the middle part about all you can do is either a CAT scan or barium drink X-ray.K.------------------�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html I do not work for anyone who sells any IBS related products.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Visible red blood?Then pretty much your back to doing another scoping from the bottom end, perhaps with biopsies to see what is going on.If the blood is dark, or black and tarry (or it was found in the stool sample but you can't see it so you don't know) they may decided to check out the upper GI for bleeding. An endoscope gets the stomach and the first part of the small intestine. The colonoscopy can get the last part of the of the small intestine as well. To check the middle part about all you can do is either a CAT scan or barium drink X-ray.K.------------------�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html I do not work for anyone who sells any IBS related products.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.