Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Leah, if it is bright red and only a spot or two, it could be from a tear or irritation, especially if you have had several BMs in one day or two and if there is diarrhea or just multiple BMs that are difficult. Generally you don't need to worry unless you see a lot of bright red blood or dark red almost black blood. Those would indicate a more urgent matter. Anyway, it will not hurt to tell your physician, in any case. It may just be annoying irritation and maybe nothing to worry about, but it is always better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I get this with multiple episodes of D. My doctor diagnosed a fissure and internal hemmie about a year ago that occasionally flares up. You will know where it is coming from because your butt will be SORE when it happens.Leslie

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have seen blood on several occasions, sometimes a whole lot, sometimes a little, but I have had every test in the world done, and my Doc tells me it is my IBS. You should definetely see your Dr. just to rule out anything more serious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.