Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I developed ibs two years ago from a c difficile infection. In may of this year took antibiotics for prostate problem. Since then my stomach is a mess. Last week I started having bloody mucus in my stool and bloody mucus with no stool. Today (sorry to be gross) I had what must have been a tablespoon full of bloody mucus with no stool. I have called my GI and trying to get an appointment. The appointment secretary did not seem to concerned about it. ANy idea on what is going on with me?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You might need to be tested for C. diff.It is an organism that can take hold after antibiotics and cause problems, diarrhea, mucus sometimes even bloody.Did you talk to the nurse, or the appointment secretary. I would talk to the nurse who can evaluate what is going on and can get you an earlier appointment if you have to wait a long time for a regular appointment.K.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have had plenty of mucous-hate it! Today as a matter of fact. I have IBS-D. Also hemmorroids with cause my blood. BUT you do need to see the doc for cerain diagnosis. Secretary not concerned as she is only secretary, not nurse/doc! She must hear many IBS type complaints also. Good luck! Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have mucous alot. Sometimes only mucous only movements... but never blood. Docs say this can mean alot of things, so don't freak out... the mucous they don't seem to raise their eyes about, but the blood... well... that should be checked out thoroughly.I've noticed that the appointment people are so bombarded and busy, they don't have time to react sometimes to our complaints. Occasionally I'll get a good one who asks me alot of questions and hems and haws and tries to help while I wait... If you start having *alot* of blood (more than a tablespoon) for more than a day or two, perhaps you should go to the clinic or the ER to have it checked quickly... maybe another C-Diff infection.Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since a year or so I have mucus mixed with bright red blood in it as well. It started last year with some white stuff around the stool, but it slowly seems to have gotten worse. I seem to build up a lot of gas, get cramps and I go to the bathroom and all that comes out is white/pinkish mucus. Sometimes when the cramps and pain get worse more blood seems to appear in the mucus. Passing the stool however does not hurt at all. I have gone to 2 different doctors already and they both say I shouldn't worry about it. One doctor checked for blood in the stool and my rectal area but didn't feel anything unusual and there was no blood in the stool. Most of the day I have a funny feeling in the area by my bladder and sometimes stabbing pain.I am really worried about it but I am getting extremely discouraged to see a doctor again? they keep saying the same and not to worry. What should I do? I am getting very insecure and scared about it.Any advise ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.