Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really gross but I dont really know who else to talk to about this. I consider myself to have IBS-D because whenever I do go to the bathroom it is D. However, I only go to the bathroom 2-4 times a week so maybe I have C. Anyways, I was feeling fine today, I havent had a BM for maybe 3 days. I went to the bathroom (No cramps or pain or anything just a regular feeling). I was feeling pretty good since I didnt have D. Just a regular BM. Not too hard, not too soft. Unusual for me really. But the last part of my stool had what looked to be blood on the outside of it. There was also blood on the toilet paper. I did not strain and do not appear to have hemroids or anal fissures as there is no surface bleeding or bumps, no itching, burning, nothing. I have never had a problem with this. I read that if tehre is blood in your stool it will turn the water red as well. If you ate something red and it didnt digest properly then the pigment will not spead to the water and the water in the toilet will remain clear. I cant remember now but I dont think the water was colored. But at the same time, I avoid all things red (tomatoes, beets, peppers, salsa, etc..because they give me D) so I doubt that it was something I ate. I was just wondering if any of you has had this problem? Weird since the BM actually went well and felt okay, like I said no burning straining pushing etc...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Doesnt sound like a real problem to me....and its not unusual. Probably irritation or an internal hemmie(many dont know they have these unless theyve been scoped).I would be worried however if you were passing blood or there was large amounts of it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
i have had that happen alot!!!in most cases its internal hemmies trust me even when you dont fill anything i didnt even know i had any tell i had my colnoscopy wich made mine flare up real bad after having the test done..most of the time they are just up there a inch are two and not on the tip of the anus..

·
Registered
268 Posts
If it was bright red blood and on the outside of the stool, then the blood came from right inside the anus/rectum area. VERY common and usually caused by internal hemmorrhoids. Often times, you can't even feel the internal hemmorrhoids, but they're there. This bleeding thing happens to me every so often. Started 4 or 5 years ago. Doc did a digital rectal exam and said internal hemmorrhoids were to blame. Since then, I get bleeding off and on. And the blood almost never changes the color of the water. Blood in/on stools that is dark or black in color comes from further up the GI tract, colon, etc.. and should be evaluated. I'm not a doctor, but being that this is a VERY COMMON thing, I wouldn't worry about it. If it keeps happening and keeps getting worse, then you might want to have it checked out. Hope this info helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.