Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Fruits, generally, tend to promote looser stools from the sugars, sugar alcohols and fiber that is in them.Sometimes fruits of all kinds loosen up the IBS-Ders so much that they are bothersome.It is normal for non-IBSers to have loose stools in the summer from the abundance of fresh produce available this time of year.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Fruits, generally, tend to promote looser stools from the sugars, sugar alcohols and fiber that is in them.Sometimes fruits of all kinds loosen up the IBS-Ders so much that they are bothersome.It is normal for non-IBSers to have loose stools in the summer from the abundance of fresh produce available this time of year.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
568 Posts
Im an IBS Der and I have known for a long time that blueberries exacerbate my D but did not know until recently that cherries do the same until I realized I was binging on them and having terribel diarrhea. I'd bet a lot that they and many other fruits like peaches and apples could also help you C types.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Im an IBS Der and I have known for a long time that blueberries exacerbate my D but did not know until recently that cherries do the same until I realized I was binging on them and having terribel diarrhea. I'd bet a lot that they and many other fruits like peaches and apples could also help you C types.

G

·
i thought cherries has something in them, magnesium or something that causes D. I've noticed taht they make me go too, whereas I can eat tons of other fruit and it does nothing but make me ill.

G

·
i thought cherries has something in them, magnesium or something that causes D. I've noticed taht they make me go too, whereas I can eat tons of other fruit and it does nothing but make me ill.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Pass me some of those Bing cherries,
I had been eating cherries and berries every day and had no problem going. Have cut back now due to the extra gas fruit gives me and am back to doing the bunnies again
. ------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Pass me some of those Bing cherries,
I had been eating cherries and berries every day and had no problem going. Have cut back now due to the extra gas fruit gives me and am back to doing the bunnies again
. ------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I love fruit, but it doesn't love me. I had a nectarine two nights ago and was up all night with gas and bloating. I'm C-type and I guess it may help with that, but fruit aggravates my other IBS symptoms. Darn.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I love fruit, but it doesn't love me. I had a nectarine two nights ago and was up all night with gas and bloating. I'm C-type and I guess it may help with that, but fruit aggravates my other IBS symptoms. Darn.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Since im a IBS -d type.. cherries and the like do not agree with me at all..even though i love them they unfortunately do not like me..not long after i eat them i have to make a quick escape to the bathroom..so i will be glad when summer is over for me..no more temptations

·
Registered
179 Posts
Since im a IBS -d type.. cherries and the like do not agree with me at all..even though i love them they unfortunately do not like me..not long after i eat them i have to make a quick escape to the bathroom..so i will be glad when summer is over for me..no more temptations

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.