Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eat 12 to one box of blueberries and tell me if you don't go 8-10 hours after.Something to try to evoid the constipation crisis.What do ya think?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi SpAsMaN: Good idea! I'll try anything. Do you think one can of blueberries, minus the juice will be ok for this experiment?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I put a handful of blueberries on my oatmeal every morning. I also use Zelnorm, magnesium and Benefiber so I've been pretty regular for quit awhile now.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oldie,what do you mean juiceless?Tiss,that's exactly what i'm starting to eat!!!
It tastes so great!
And the best of all it works quite well against my sudden constipation.I mean i still have gas but far less C.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's probably just lots of fruit that works. Once this summer I bought a watermelon, and none of my roommates wanted any so I ate the whole thing in three days before it spoiled. I didn't have any C that week!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Juiceless: Because cans of blueberries come in syrup. So, just the blueberries?I drink a smoothy occasionally: one banana, one whole peach, a handfull of strawberries, and pineapple juice, all mixed in a blender. It's a great drink and it might have helped, I really can't tell. Won't hurt!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plain blueberries with milk cream:

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think i'm gonna need this:
This thing is gigantic!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do any of you bloat after eating fruit? If so do you find bluberries to be an exception. I have been looking for a food for a while now that will help my constipation (Citrucel helps, but I have to take a lot of it. I still have horriable bouts of C)I am very sensitive to dried fruit, they bloat me badly, and seem to make my C worse

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is not different but i like the taste.I prefer to be bloat than C.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
For me apples, pears and prunes, peaches make me very gassy. Blueberries do not seem to affect me that way.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I don't eat alot of other berries except maybe in yoghurt. They don't seem to bother me either though.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I have been using flavonoids for years to treat my D/GERD. Blueberries are from the bilberry family which are flavonoids--bilberry is in the blend I use. Both blueberry and bilberry are also available as supplements. There are some studies that show they will also help with vision problems.Mark

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yea!!! Blueberries! They are one of the very BEST foods a human can put into their body ( minus any pesticides of course )! The American Cancer Society publishes a list of foods they believe are the best cancer fighters( for the antioxidants ) and blueberries are always on that list. They also are great for your complexion Spasman you cutie - and the color that they turn the milk in the bowl is so beautiful!!! Blueberry lovers unite!!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you female "Piper"?I won't tell you what your name means in french.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think i'm gonna eat 4 box of blueberry tommorrow i want diarrhea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree. I've found that Mulberry Juice, Boysenberry Juice, Blackberries, Blue berries, cherries, cherry juice and Elderberry Juice all also have the right effects.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts