Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ate a blueberry scone last night and passing small blueberry pieces this AM with lots of pain. This also happens with peas and corn, it is disgusting. Anyone else get the blueberry blues? Char

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Not me...I love blueberries, rasberries, saskatoons.... Just in moderation.
Pls feel better soon

·
Registered
342 Posts
Have not experienced (not that I really remember anyway) what you are describing Gardentime, but I think I know what the answer is.It is that corn, peas and blueberries have very tough 'outer' skins. It is not uncommon for most people to pass undigested corn kernels, due to the fact that the gut cannot break down the 'skin' or 'husk' of the corn kernel.It comes down to soluble and insoluble fibre I think. The skin on the corn kernel is insoluble and the inner is soluble, same with peas and blueberries.I would not be concerned, unless you see a lot of undigested matierial (of all kinds not just corn, peas, blueberries)cause that could be an indication of Celiac disease.Hope that helps.Take care.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ever since I had a small bowel resection (18 inches) I am passing undigested food. It has been over 4 months since this surgery for a small bowel obstructin. It has given me IBS with lots of left lower pain. I see a GI Doc this Weds.Char

1 - 5 of 5 Posts