Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas on this? i do wear contacts, have been for years and i just got a new prescription last year, but my vision has been really blurry lately...disturbingly so...i wear glasses around home or at night, and i get the same blurriness...almost like there's something on the glasses, but i take them off and clean them and it's no better...

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Are ya taking any meds????Cuz I know Levsin (generically known as Hyoscyamine) can have blurred vision as a side effect.BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Well here, I will give you this site anyway in case you ever need it. I have had this bookmarked for years and use it frequently. http://my.webmd.com/medical_information/dr...ugs/default.htm If this is a new symptom... you should call your Doc, or your eye Doc if you have one, and get the blurred vision checked out. BQ

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks BQ...i think i will go get another eye exam...maybe my eyesight is getting worse--quickly..but that seems unlikely since i'm only in my 20's...

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Ibs pressure push all the parts of the body.Back,bowel,head,eyes,toes

G

·
your sight changes most dramatically when you are young. you could be getting more nearsighted or you could be getting an astigmatism - a common problem where the eyes i think are shapes funny. oh, i don't really know what causes it but many people have it - they just give you a special prescription. they have contacts now that can correct for it.you sure you aren't taking any antispasmodics?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Hey Min, Were you vacuuming alot lately by any chance??I know you will think me weird, ( don't worry, most folks do) but one time when I was running my vacuum for quite awhile doing the old spring or fall cleaning thang, I started to get blurred vision and these crazy lines(?) or something on my periferal vision. I kept trying to shake my head to get them to go away. Unfortunately this was a less than effective method of getting rid of it. LOL I finally decided to turn off the vacuum because the screwy vision was making me feel dizzy. And lo and behold... the vision problems went away after I had the vacuum off for a few minutes.???? Who knows??? Maybe it was the noise that was causing me a vision problem... maybe the eye bones are connected to the ear bones???? LOL I dunno.Also do you have any allergies??? Maybe that could cause some vision abnormalities especially if your eyes are watery from allergens??ANyhoo, hope it goes away for you soon.BQ

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey guys
well, i do have problems with dry eyes, but this comes when i'm wearing my contacts or my glasses...ummm...i think a while back, an eye doctor told me i had a 'slight' astigmatism, but not enough to worry about, but maybe that has gotten worse...thanks for bringing that up joan--i guess i could go see if it is worse...glad to hear that they have contacts for that now, cuz i would die if i couldn't wear contacts! (have so little self-esteem as it is, i know it's silly, but i really don't like the way i look in glasses).BQ...heheh...me, vacuum? thanks for the input! appreciate it and all that jaZZ.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my eyesight went blurry for 18 days and i went to see my gp he did a full blood work and the results came back that i had anemia. it wasnt the typical iron but my body had depleted levels of folic acid he said if i took folic acid tablets it would get rid of the vision problems and maybe help my ibs-d as a symptom of folic acid anemia is the runs. i took the tablets and within a day my eyesight returned to normal but my bm got even more watery? oh well atleast i can see now. i only took the tablets for 2 weeks and ive been ok since.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
beverley...that is really interesting and i think i'll try it...i had blood tests done recently and my iron levels showed up fine, but perhaps it doesn't measure folic acid...? i dunno...but this whole blurry vision thing is getting REALLY annoying! so, thanks, i'll give it a try...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.